HF Contract Furniture Group Ltd are committed to protecting your personal data and handling it responsibly.
This policy covers the personal data that HF Contracts collects whenever you interact with us e.g. when you correspond with us (such as by email or over the phone). It also covers personal data that we may receive from third parties.
The sections below explain in more detail:
We collect personal data from your interactions with us, such as when you engage with our website, or when you email or phone us.
The personal data we collect from you includes:
· The name and contact details that you provide us or that are included in your email footer
· Your address details (and payment details where applicable if placing orders)
· Your communications with us
Sometimes we receive personal data from third parties, in particular:
· Government and law enforcement authorities may provide us with personal identification and background information when they are involved in official inquiries.
· Finance providers may inform us about a credit arrangement you have with them.
· Credit Insurers may provide information about financial viability
This section explains the reasons why we process your personal data and our legal bases for doing so.
· Wherever we rely on your consent to process personal data, you have a right to withdraw that consent.
We process your personal data when necessary to pursue our legitimate interests in the following:
· Monitoring, improving and protecting our products, content and services
· Checking the credit or debit card details you provide (to process your payments and prevent fraudulent transactions)
· Responding to your comments or customer service enquiries
· Preventing, investigating and/or reporting fraud, terrorism, misrepresentation, security incidents or crime
· Using incident reports to: protect the security of our staff, suppliers and customers; and to help detect and prevent unlawful activity.
· Managing legal claims, compliance, regulatory and investigative matters
· Processing job applications
You have a right to object to any processing that we undertake for our legitimate interests.
We process your personal data when necessary for contractual reasons, such as to administer your account registration and competition entries and to provide products and services that you have requested.
We are legally required to process your personal data in cases where we need to:
Respond to certain requests by government or law enforcement authorities
Comply with local Council safety requirements to collect CCTV footage of particular areas.
We will share your personal data with the following recipients:
· Third party suppliers involved in identity checking; payment processing; delivery logistics; and credit and debt management
· Government authorities or law enforcement officials, to assist with their official requests and comply with our legal obligations
· Recruitment and vetting agents, to assist with our recruitment processes
· Our advisers, any prospective purchaser’s advisers, and any new owners of the business (in the event our business is sold or integrated with another business
We retain personal data relating to your purchases for several years from the date of the relevant transaction. This is to meet our legal and contractual obligations. If your purchase has enduring relevance then we’ll keep relevant information for as long as we remain responsible to you for that purchase.
Previous order information is often used to assist in processing future orders efficiently as are payment/credit terms given on such accounts.
We also retain information with the potential to give rise to legal disputes for 7 years.
Wherever we rely on your consent to process personal data, you always have a right to withdraw that consent.
In addition to your rights to withdraw your consent and to object, you have the right to ask us:
· For access to information about your personal data or for a copy of your personal data
· To correct or delete your personal data
· To restrict (i.e. stop any active) processing of your personal data
· To provide you with certain personal data in a structured, machine readable format and to transmit that data to another organisation
These rights may not always apply, for example if fulfilling your request would reveal personal data about another person, or if you ask us to delete information which we are required by law to keep or have a compelling legitimate interest in keeping. If this is the case then we’ll let you know when we respond to your request (within 30 days).
We will do our best to assist with any queries you have about your personal data.
You can contact our Data Protection Officer at any time using the contact details below. When you do so, please provide your full name, your preferred contact information, and a summary of your query.
HF Contract Furniture LTD
Tel: 01384 444044
Fax: 01384 378757
If you have unresolved concerns, you also have the right to complain to an EU data protection authority where you live, work or where you believe a breach may have occurred. This is likely to be the Information Commissioner’s Office in the UK.